What: Where The Pancakes Are
In a nutshell: Pancakes in Fitzrovia
Summing it all up: After success at London Bridge and with their lockdown deliveries, Where The Pancakes Are is opening a new restaurant in Fitzrovia, filled with all the sweet and savoury pancakes (and Dutch Babies) you could ever want.
Where the Pancakes Are is certainly one of those restaurants where you're pretty sure of what you're getting when you walk in the door. Up until now, they've been in Flat Iron Square (and have been doing a great trade in delivery pancakes during the various lockdowns).
Now founder Patricia Trijbits is getting ready to open the second restaurant, this time in Fitzrovia (taking over from the old Pizza Express). Their pancakes are made from buttermilk created fresh daily, with a focus on organic ingredients. They also have their 3-in-1 batter which is vegan dairy-free and wheat-free.
With that, there are a selection of sweet and savoury pancakes and Dutch Babies (German Yorkshire pudding look-alike pancakes). Pancakes include:
- Pulled beef pastrami - Two pancakes, slow-cooked brisket, cheddar, sauerkraut, 1000 island sauce, baby kale slaw with toasted fennel seeds, home pickled cucumbers
- English breakfast - Two pancakes, fried egg, Swaledale Butcher’s streaky bacon and sausage(wf), roasted cherry tomatoes & portobello mushroom, spiced baked beans, 100% maple syrup
- Boulder breakfast - Two vegan pancakes, smashed avocado, roasted cherry tomatoes and portobello mushroom, green herbs and chickpea salsa, tahini-nigella dressing
- Forest berries - Two pancakes, forest berry compote, toasted almond, house cream, crushed beetroot meringue flakes
- Poached pear caramel - One pancake, thyme poached conference pear, lemon zest, house cream, toasted almonds, salted caramel
There's also a big focus on no waste, including in the building too with recycled materials mainly used. And they'll have a big terrace space outside.
More about Where The Pancakes Are
Where is it? 7 - 9 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1RG
When does it open? May 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners