Homeboy, the modern Irish cocktail bar run by Aaron Wall and Ciaran Smith in Islington, is expanding. We've been hearing for a while that they were searching for a second site and now they've settled on Embassy Gardens. If that sounds familiar, it's in the same area where you'll find Darby's, right next to the US Embassy at Nine Elms.
If you're unfamiliar with Homeboy, here's a taste of the cocktails on offer:
- Whiskey Smash - Roe & Co Irish Whiskey, Nolly Prat, Mint and Spinach Syrup, Orange Bitters (pictured above)
- Tea And A Biscuit - Roe & Co Irish Whiskey, Benedictine, Barry's Irish Tea, Clarified Milk, Hobnob Syrup
- Wogan - Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey, Apricot Brandy, Lime, Sugar, Saline
- Taoiseach - Redbreast 12 Potstill Irish Whiskey, Cointreau, Martini Rosso, Pomegranate Syrup, Angostura, Orange
- Flipped Flat White - Grey Goose La Vanille, Coconut Liqueur, Coconut Water Syrup, Homeboy Irish Coffee Bitters
Classics like negronis and espresso martinis will be available too and they also aim, like the original Homeboy, to serve the best pint of Guinness in London. So we'd say a mini bar crawl back and forth between Homeboy and nearby Darby's to test both their Guinness pours may be in order. Just to be sure.
Expect an all-day food menu too, including toasties and curried chips.
Opening in Embassy Gardens also means that Homeboy can launch their first terrace, so they will be open for alfresco drinking when things partly reopen on 12 April.
More about Homeboy Embassy Gardens
Where is it? 6 New Union Square, Embassy Gardens, Nine Elms, London SW11 7DN
When does it open? 12 April 2021 (alfresco only until 19 May)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners