Updated 4/12/19 with soft launch offer
What: The Melusine
In a nutshell: Seafood in St Katharine Docks
Summing it all up: This seafood restaurant in the docks is all about serving up sustainably caught seafood from around the British Isles. There'll be ever-changing sharing plates as well as grilled, poached or fried whole fish on the menu.
A new seafood restaurant is coming to St Katharine Docks, with a big emphasis on sustainability. The menu will be daily changing depending on the catch, and starters on the menu include "Po'Boy with crispy kale, devilled tartar Sauce" as well as oysters, crab and monkfish from the raw bar.
Dishes on the main menu - intended as sharing dishes - include:
- Roast Jerusalem artichoke soup, clams, salted pork belly
- Beef, prawns, courgette carpaccio, cep oil
- Scallops, charred spring onions, fava
- Crispy skin red mullet, rabbit casserole
- Langoustines, spring onion, jalapeno aioli
- Billy Winters prawns, Pul Biber skordalia, pumpkin seeds
- Razor clams, garlic, pickled walnut, smoked chili gremolata
- Clams, chanterelles, lovage, dry ricotta
Plus there are options for whole cooked fish, grilled, poached or fried and, finishing off, dessert has "Apricot custard rolls" and "Cornish blue ice-cream, walnut caramel".
As for the restaurant itself, that'll seat 40 (with 20 more outside in summer). The restaurant comes from two people behind the former Greek Larder. Theodore Kyriakou is in the kitchen and Wade Mundford is front of house.
More about The Melusine
Where is it? Unit K, Ivory House, East Smithfield, St. Katherine Docks, London E1W 1AT
When does it open? 4 December 2019
Soft launch offer: 25% off total bill until 8 December.
How to book: book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners