What: Cent Anni
In a nutshell: Italian in Wimbledon
Summing it all up: This new Italian restaurant in Wimbledon has taken over from the old Cau site, promising a modern Italian menu.
New to Wimbledon (it opened a couple of weeks back) is an Italian restaurant that's taken over the space that once held Cau. The new owners have opened Cent Anni, a modern Italian restaurant. It all comes from Raymond de Fazio, who's also behind Café Med in St John’s Wood and Med Kitchen in Kensington.
And the menu does sound pretty decent. Here's a taste of what's on:
- Fillet of beef carpaccio, Parmesan ice cream, micro herbs (pictured above)
- Burrata, Sicilian datterini tomatoes, fresh basil
- Classic tagliolini carbonara, guanciale, Parmesan, egg
- Asparagus risotto, peas, mint, lemon
- Chicken parmigiana, linguine, cherry tomatoes, spring onions
- Seared yellowfin tuna pizza, ponzu sauce, micro herbs
- Grilled salmon, blood orange sauce, green beans, new potatoes
- Rib of beef on the bone, rocket and Parmesan salad, hand cut chips (for two)
It's a big menu, so the above is just scratching the surface - and desserts include Crunchy chocolate ricotta cake as well as Lemon and lime pannacotta. Drinks-wise, there's an international wine list with more than a few choice Italian wines on there, as well as classic cocktails.
So if you're in Wimbledon and fancy Italian food - this should be worth a look. And if the weather's good, there's a couple of nice tables outside for alfresco dining.
More about Cent Anni
Where is it? 33 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London SW19 5BY
When dd it open? 9 May 2019
How to book: Call 020 3971 9781.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners