In a nutshell: Italian cafe in Islington
Summing it all up: Latteria is a new Italian cafe on Islington's Essex Road that comes from a seasoned restaurateur and promises an all-day menu based on the cafes of Milan.
A new Italian cafe is coming to Islington (originally reported by Eater), from Giuliano Lotto, the same person who behind the launch of La Petite Maison and Zafferano. He's taken over the space vacated by Food Lab and is being inspired by the "pasticceria, panino shops and pizzerias" of Milan.
It's an all-day menu, covering breakfast, pastries, sandwiches, salads, pizza and pasta - pastries, pizza dough and fresh pasta will all be made in-house, with ingredients sourced from Italy. On that menu is:
- Tuscan bacon, butter beans, sausage and fried brioche toast (with coffee/'tea and juice for £12)
- Breakfast eggs with Parma ham, hollandaise on brioche toast (£8)
- Zucchina sandwich - grilled zuccini, artichokes, basil goat cheese, fresh oregano (£7)
- Il Tonnato sandwich - cold sliced veal, tuna and mayo sauce, capers and lettuce (£8)
- Crab spaghetti (£11)
- Maccheroni cacio pepe (£8.50)
Plus there will be classics like Vitello Tonnato, Chicken Milanese, Aubergine Parmigiana and more.
More about Latteria
Where is it? 56 - 58 Essex Road London, N1 8LR
When does it open? 26 March 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners