What: Lost Boys Pizza
In a nutshell: Vampiric pizza in Camden
Summing it all up: Lost Boys pizza (based on a certain 1980s film) has built up a following in Archway and now they're opening their second place in Camden. Expect black charcoal pizzas and also a basement absinth bar - with absinthe fountains...
In a move they clearly waited until Halloween to announce, Archway's Lost Boys Pizza is expanding with another venue. Billed as "the world’s only vampire-themed pizzeria" it's themed very much around 80s movie The Lost Boys - any that means the soundtrack stays firmly in the 80s.
At the heart of it all is their black charcoal pizza, and they haven't held back on the puns here:
- Kale All Vampires (Vegan) - Kale, cherry tomatoes, caramelised shallots, lemon zest, oregano
- Fangs For the Memories - Chorizo, peppers, onions, chillis
- Frog Brothers Special - Apple smoked ham, artichokes, pickled mushrooms
- Pops Go To - Sausage, broccoli, parmesan
And the puns continue with the cocktail list that includes "The Missing Shake - vegan hard shake with vodka, blueberry jam and interactive immortality" which is served with a polaroid of you on a missing milk carton. For when you're taken by the vampires, of course.
It's a two storey affair - so the upstairs is primarily pizza while the basement becomes the green-tinted Croque Monsieur absynthe bar. Apparently, that features "absinthe fountains on
each table" which sounds very dangerous and cocktails that include:
- Le Croque‘Tini Sauvelle Vodka, chocolate bitters, Oxygenee Absinthe, cheese on toast
- Chocolate Old Fashioned Four Roses and Combier chocolat with homemade chocolate bitters
- Spiced Plum Mai Tai, almond and absinthe spiced plums, star anise, gold rum
All that and "a dressing up box with compulsory hat wearing and swapping". That's what an absinthe fountain will do to you.
More about Lost Boys Camden
Where is it? 245 Eversholt Street, London NW1 1BA
When does it open? 17 December 2018
Soft launch details: 17-30 December, 30% off food
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners