If you're a fan of chips, cheese and gravy - which seems fairly likely - then the news of the return of Air Canada's Poutinerie should bring joy to the heart. It popped up last year, and proved to be such a success that they're coming round for another pass this month, landing in Old Spitalfields Market.
As before, there will be the classic poutine - chips, gravy and melted cheese curd - as well as some specials, this year based on Air Canada destinations. So that includes (all priced £6-8):
- Calgary’s Rodeo Stampede: Fries, ox cheek, corn cob, Sylvan Star gouda and maple BBQ gravy
- Montreal’s Classic Poutine: Fries, cheese curds and gravy
- Las Vegas’ The Strip: Fries, golden chicken nuggets, lettuce and wedge and caesar dressing with a poker chip skewer
- Palm Springs’ Riders (V): Fries, buffalo wing sauce, scallion, blue cheese and sagebrush powder
- Miami’s Mojo Pork, Pickles & Swiss: Fries, mojo pork, melted Swiss cheese and dill pickles
- Hawaiian Loco Moco Poutine Poke: Fries, seared salmon, boiled egg, scallion, crispy pineapple and sesame ginger miso mayo
- San Diego’s Carne Asada: Sweet potato fries, grilled steak, guac and cotija cheese
- Melbourne's Prawn Star Chips: Fries, Aussie BBQ prawn and chilli cocktail and ginger slaw
- San Jose’s Chicharrón: Sweet potato fries, curd, fried pork and black bean gravy
- Cancun’s Spring Break Mole: Sweet potato fries, stout mole gravy and queso fresco
- Cancun’s Mayan Enchilada (VN): Sweet potato fries, corn chips, red enchilada sauce and avocado cilantro dressing
All that plus Canadian beer too. And as it's all being done by Air Canada, they'll be putting on a virtual reality experience of some kind, as well as giving away two flights a day. But - chips and gravy! That's what we're heading down for...
More about The Air Canada Poutinerie
Where is it? Old Spitalfields Market, 16 Horner Square, London E1 6EW
When? 5-14 October 2018, 12pm to 3.30pm and 5.30pm to 10.30pm
Find out more: Follow Air Canada on Twitter @aircanada.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners