Forget the World's 50 Best, the Top 50 Gastropubs, which has just been announced, offers up a list that many of us might have a little more chance of working our way through. The 2013 awards whihc are organised by the pub industry's newspaper The Publican's Morning Advertiser, voted Tom Kerridge's Hand and Flowers in Marlow in first place, with other gastro fave the Sportsman in Kent nipping at Kerridge's heels at number two.
London comes out pretty well in this list, with eleven entries in all. There are plenty of favourites like Fulham's Harwood Arms, Highgate's Bull & Last and Wandsworth's The Ship all making the top fifty. The London winners are below, and you can check out the full UK list on the Top 50 Gastropubs website. So if you fancy a Sunday lunch next weekend, we reckon any of these will fit the bill.
- 5 - Harwood Arms, Fulham, London
- 7 - The Anchor & Hope, Waterloo, London
- 11 - The Bull & Last, Highgate, London
- 16 - Canton Arms, Stockwell, London
- 21 - Drapers Arms, Islington, London
- 24 - Mall Tavern, Notting Hill, London
- 25 - The Eagle, Farringdon, London
- 28 - The Garrison, Bermondsey, London
- 34 - Jugged Hare, Moorgate, London
- 35 - The Ship, Wandsworth, London
- 50 - Somerstown Coffee House, Euston, London