If ground based dining and even high rise dining is just too sedate for you, then the return of London in the Sky is for you. It's essentially a restaurant suspended 25 meters in the sky while you're treated to food from top chefs. Yes, it does sound utterly mad but we rather enjoyed it last year.
This year they're at St Katharine Docks, so you'll have Tower Bridge as your backdrop while eating food from:
- Dan Doherty of Duck & Waffle (he's used to a good view)
- Robert Ortiz of Lima
- Sophie Michell of Pont Street
- Michael Reid of M Restaurants
- Martin Morales of Ceviche and Andina
- Tom Aikens of Tom’s Kitchen
- Calum Franklin of Holborn Dining Rooms
- Chantelle Nicholson of Tredwell’s
Plus there are more names yet to be announced. Prices range from £50 for breakfast, £125 for lunch and £200 for dinner. Plus there's a Tattinger in the Sky experience for £75.
It all kicks off from 17-30 September and bookings open up on 17 July. When they do, you can book from their website.