The weather may have broken, but it was all beaming smiles and sunny dispositions over at the Savoy tonight where the 14th annual Tatler Restaurant Awards took place. "It’s been a bumper year, with exciting restaurants of every size, shape and cuisine opening," said the magazine's restaurant editor Jeremy Wayne.
The winners were as follows:
1. Rising Star - Sabrina at Bernardi's
"Following her success in conquering ‘new culinary galaxies'"
- Merlin Labron-Johnson at Portland
- Chris Leach at Kitty Fisher's
- Arran McCredie at Lyle's
- Aidan McGee at Truscott Arms
2. Best Front of House Winner - Colony Grill Room
"The art of professional but ever so gracious hospitality"
- Dean Street Townhouse
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- The Ivy
- Kensington Brasserie
- The Ledbury
3. Best Kitchen Winner - Hibiscus
- HKK Lurra
- Restaurant Story
4. Best Wine List Winner - Les 110 de Taillevent
"Taking in all aspects from ‘cellar, wine glasses, pricing and sommelier’"
- Quality Chophouse
- Social Eating House
5. Best Buzz Winner - Park Chinois
"which ‘combines fun, glamour, imagination'"
- The Ivy
- German Gymnasium
- Sexy Fish
- Urban Coterie
6. Test of Time Winner - Orrery (1997)
A prize for a restaurant at least 15 years old
- Le Caprice (1981)
- Chor Bizarre (1997)
- Club Gascon (1998)
- Rules (1798)
7. Tatler's Best Kept Secret Winner - The Forest Side, Grasmere
8. Best Newcomer Winner - Shotgun
- 45 Jermyn Street
- Casa Cruz
9. Tatler Restaurant of the Year Winner - Hoppers (pictured)
"Perfectly formed and of its time, full of integrity"