The founders of upcoming Shoreditch restaurant Strut & Cluck couldn't have picked a better time to talk about their new place. In the run up to both Thanksgiving and Christmas, anywhere focusing on turkey is going to be of interest.
Inspired by owners Amir and Limor Chen's Eastern Mediterranean home cooking, you'll find dishes like:
- Josper-Grilled Turkey Drumstick with roasted vegetables & herbs, tahini, pomegranate molasses and zhoug (pictured)
- Limor’s classic slow-roast thigh on a bed of caramelised red onions and sweet potatoes with barberries
- Hand-pulled Shawarma with dates and pine nuts on a bed of freekeh and a dollop of labneh
- Turkey Sandwich Reinvented - grilled sourdough with hand-pulled turkey, pickled onion mayo, pickled eggs and feta-stuffed peppers
- Charred cauliflower, lemon zest infused crème fraiche, nigella seeds and pomegranate
There'll also be desserts like Levant Milk Pudding with raspberry and rosewater treacle and pistachios
Although the restaurant isn't opening until next year, Strut & Cluck is going to be having a pop-up at Shoreditch House for Thanksgiving 2015, with a selection of dishes available to members from 25-28 November.