If, like us, you're not a real fan of queuing, you'll be looking for any easier way to get into the current London hot-spot without too much of a wait. And if one of those spots is the extremely highly rated Som Saa, the time for queuing is at an end. At lunchtimes, anyway.
Their new lunchtime menu (which they've been trialling in recent weeks) launches fully this week, and that brings with it some new dishes:
- Gung Golae - grilled prawns in a southern style coconut marinade
- Gai |Yaang - Thai style grilled chicken leg with tamarind dipping sauce
- Pad Ped Neua - stir fried rump steak with ‘prik kee nu’ chillies and cumin leaf
- Som Sam Thai - Bankgok style green papaya salad with snake beans, dried shrimp, peanuts and cherry tomatoes
- Dtom khamin gai baan - turmeric and lemon grass braised guinea fowl
And on top of that a new, lighter drink for lunch, the "Monk’s Cobbler" - celery sherbert, tawny port, red thai tea and fruit.
Som Saa is open for lunch every Tuesday - Friday, 12pm - 2:30pm at 43A Commercial St, London E1 6BD. To book, call 020 7324 7790 or go to their website. For more, follow them on Twitter @somsaa_london.