Following on from Giorgio Locatelli's pizzeria, the next chef to follow him into central London residency spot Carousel is Turkish-Cypriot chef Selin Kiazim. It's the latest place for the former head chef of Kopapa's talents, following another long term residency at Trip Kitchen in East London last year and is part of Selin's strategy to crowdsource money to launch her own restaurant.
At Carousel the menu will be influenced by the Mediterranean and the Middle East and will make good use of the charcoal grill at the site. She says, “I am brimming with pride at the thought of establishing my first restaurant. I hope the experience people have at Carousel will give them a taste for my food and that they will like it enough to help me raise the much-needed capital for my first site.”
Selin's menu is as follows:
- House-made bread & Medjool date butter
- Courgette, feta and mint fritter with sour cream
- Hand-chopped venison, bulgur wheat and Urfa chilli tartare
- Çemen glazed lamb cutlets, cabbage, citrus and coriander salad
- Whole lemon sole, charred shallot, parsley and pomegranate dressing
- Pearl barley, kale, sour cherries, yoghurt, chilli butter and pecorino
- Pistachio sponge, caramelised white chocolate, barbeque quince and filo shards
Selin will be at Carousel at 71 Blandford St, W1U 8AB for three weeks from 4 November. Tickets to eat there are £35 each and can be bought here.