With more and more folk choosing to follow the paleo diet, we're sure the upcoming opening of the UK’s first paleolithic and specialist 'free-from' restaurant Pure Taste will be a huge success. Here's what you need to know about it.
What you need to know about Pure Taste
You'll get to eat like a caveman (or woman): if you don't know what the paleo diet is, that means only ingesting ingredients available to early humans so no dairy products, grains, legumes, processed oils or refined sugars.
But it's not just for anyone on a paleo diet: the restaurant will be 100% gluten-free which they take to mean no gluten on site at all to avoid any contamination. But they'll also cater for those following the paleo diet, dairy free, grain free, legume free, egg free, low carb, low FODMAP, vegetarian and vegan ways of eating.
Menus will follow the seasons: they'll change monthly and focus on seasonal, local ingredients and free-range or wild meats and fish. Dishes on the opening menu could include:
- Coconut flour flatbread with onion & cumin seeds
- Rustic Italian soup, activated pumpkin seeds, basil-infused olive oil
- Canon of venison, Brussels sprouts with bacon, boulangère Jerusalem artichokes, red wine jus
- Monkfish or chickpea masala, coconut flour flatbread, mango chutney, coconut tzatziki
- Chocolate tart with cacao nibs and goji berries, caramelised banana ice cream, dark chocolate lattice
- Selection of handmade nut cheeses, handmade apple and ginger chutney, herb crackers
Healthy doesn't mean alcohol free: Pure Taste will also have a completely organic and biodynamic wine list as well as a range of gluten-free beers, ciders, alcoholic. There'll also be non-alcoholic cocktails available too.
Pure Taste opens on 3rd December at 115 Westbourne Grove, W2 4UP. Booking are now open on 0207 727 5000