03/02/2015 - EXCLUSIVE - Updated with soft launch details.
You may have previously come across Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy's food whist shopping at Westfield London or Bluewater. Well now you don't have to brave the fresh hell of a mall to try his tapas as his third restaurant is a standalone tapas bar on Bethnal Green Road.
Tapas Revolution Shoreditch is an all-day dining place with a menu divided into meat, fish, vegetables and egg dishes. There'll be regional and seasonal sharing specials and once a week on Thursday it'll be ‘Paella los Jueves’ when they'll serve up paella.
More to expect from the menu includes:
- Atun con ajoblanco y vinagreta (Tuna carpaccio with almond sauce and citrus vinaigrette)
- Croquetas de ceps y trufa (Truffle, boletus mushrooms and béchamel croquettes)
- Carrilleras ibericas al chocolate (Iberian pork cheeks braised with chestnuts and chocolate)
- Gamba blanca a la plancha (White Mediterranean prawns cooked on the griddle over salt)
- Torrija (Fried brioche bread pudding with burnt custard)
If you just want a drink there will be a selection of Spanish craft beers and a wine list focusing on small Spanish producers. "It’s a great chance to further spread the word about tapas to a new audience," says Omar who says he wants to "bring an authentic taste of Spain to Shoreditch.”
Tapas Revolution Shoreditch opens fully on February 24 at 32-42 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6HZ. They'll be having a soft launch for the two weeks before, from 10-23 February with 50% off food. You can sign up for the soft launch here.