This is a new thing to us... There's a new Neapolitan restaurant called O Ver that's coming to Borough and championing the use of pure seawater in its dishes.
As they say, their seawater "extracted from the purest areas of the Mediterranean... has multiple health advantages, whilst also significantly improving the taste and texture of food." That'll be used in its wood-fired pizzas, fresh pasta, homemade breads, Neapolitan street food, fresh seasonal salads, vegan options and handmade traditional desserts. The menu includes:
- Classic neapolitan pizzas
- Crocchè - Deep fried creamy mash potato filled with smoked mozzarella from Sorrento
- Pizza fritta -Deep fried calzone filled with smoked mozzarella from Sorrento and Caserta special salami , a trace of organic San Marzano tomato sauce, basil, black pepper
- Montanara -Deep fried then baked dough topped with homemade tomato sauce, smoked mozzarella from Sorrento, grated parmesan and fresh basil
- Parmigiana di melanzane - Slightly fried aubergine, homemade tomato sauce, smoked mozzarella from Sorrento,
parmesan and basil
- Truffle burrata with seasonal grilled vegetables
The opening is being overseen by chef Gugliemo Vuolo who brought the idea into Italy and is now bringing O Ver to London, with chef Tommaso Mastromatteo in charge. He'll be launching things off before leaving chef Tommaso Mastromatteo in charge. Tommaso is one of the teachers in The True Neapolitan Pizza Association - so his pizza cred should be fairly high.And there will also be a bar space if you want to pop in for Prosecco, Italian spritz, organic wines and craft beers.
O Ver is opening at 44-46 Southwark Street, London SE1 1UN in June 2016.