Updated 17/8 with more of the chefs taking part.
It's quickly become one of London's top food events and now that festival of meat, Meatopia, is returning for a third run.
If you're not yet familiar with Meatopia, it's organised by Hawksmoor's Richard Turner and sees a number of chefs - both from here and from the US too - showing off their ways with meat. We've been big fans of the previous events, which you can see more about here and here. So expect lots of BBQ, various hides of meat or whole animals being cooked and various big-name chefs (Neil Rankin, Dan Doherty, Gizzi Erskine, Seamus Mullen and more have been at previous events) showing off their ways with meat. They also cook dishes here that you won't see them do elsewhere, so it's quite a one-off thing.
We're now starting to hear what will be on offer too. So there's:
- Lamb cutlet with lamb fat hollandaise - Shaun Searley (Quality Chop House)
- Goat shawarma from British kid meat - James Whetlor (Cabrito Goat)
- Hot sauna poussin with chilli-truffle miso sauce - Scott Hallsworth (Kurobata & Joe’s Oriental Diner)
- The spicy old cow’. 48 day aged, slow roasted sirloin with pickled chillies, parsley, garlic and smoked beef dripping all wrapped in a wood-fired sourdough bun - Luke Findlay (Patty & Bun)
And even more of the 2015 line-up has been revealed with lots of new international names:
- Samantha Evans & Shauna Guinn (Hang Fire Smokehouse) who won the BBC Food & Farming ‘Best Street Food’ award
- Jock Zonfrillo (Orana, Australia)
- Joseph JJ Johnson (The Cecil, Harlem)
- Uri Navon (Machyenuda - sister restaurant to The Palomar, Jerusalem)
- José Gordón Ferraro (Bodega El Capricho, Spain)
- Richard Turner (Hawksmoor & Foxlow)
- Dan Doherty (Duck & Waffle)
- Scott Hallsworth (Kurobata & Joe’s Oriental Diner)
- Ross Shonhan (Flesh & Buns)
- Maria Tampakis (Heddon Street Kitchen)
- Seamus Mullen (Sea Containers at Mondrian London)
- Josh Katz (Berber & Q)
- Lewis Hannaford (Foxlow)
- Jon de Villa (Flesh & Buns)
- Chris Smith (Bleecker St)
- James Knappett (Kitchen Table & Bubbledogs)
- Jan Lee (Bo Drake)
- James Walters (Arabica Food & Spice)
- Lee Bull (Vintage Salt)
- Richard Sandiford (Flamin’ Liberty)
- Siggi Gunnlaugsson (Tommi's Burger)
- Beau Myers (Almost Famous)
Plus there will be the Craftopia area (all about craft beer, of course), a Turner and George butchery (with lessons), music, bars and more.