Updated 4/4/16 with new dates
It was only a matter of time, we suppose, before London experienced its first pop-up devoted to the avocado. Avo-Brunch Pop-up is the brainchild of Meredith O’Shaughnessy. She's putting on a 5 course avocado inspired brunch menu, featuring avocado cocktails and a DJ for post brunch entertainment.
Things kick off with an avocado margarita before launching into the menu:
- Avocado gazpacho with watermelon and basil oil
- Avocado crab and coconut pearl barley risotto with pea shoots
- Grilled harissa spiced chicken with avocado salsa, avocado raita and deep fried avocado in crisp quinoa
- Avocado ice cream with almond praline
- Avocado dark chocolate mousse with avocado macaroon
“The avocado is the coolest fruit in town right now for foodie lovers, so It seemed like a very obvious idea for me to create a pop-up which rejoices the deep affection so many people have for them," says Meredith. And, everyone who goes will receive a grow-your-own avocado kit to take home.
The Avocado brunch pop-ups take place on Sunday 10 April, Sunday 8 May and Sat/Sun 28/29 May 2016 from 12:30pm – 7:00pm at The Printworks Kitchen, 20-26 Roseberry Avenue London EC1R 4SX. Tickets are £55 per person for three courses and a welcome avocado cocktail and are on sale at Designmynight.