Sushisamba have taken the next step after becoming one of the few London restaurants currently serving high-grade Japanese Kobe beef - they've created a cocktail with a "wash of Kobe fat". It's all part of their new Culinary Cocktail range - featuring everything from the aforementioned Kobe to padron peppers and avocado puree. The full list is:
- Padrón Pepper Caipirinha - muddled limes, churned with Padrón peppers and sugar. Served short. (£14)
- Tom Yam - Coriander, ginger, lime leaf and chili. Served long and spiked with Reyka vodka. Served with an accompanying turbot nigiri. (£14)
- Coconut Seviche - Coconut gin swizzled through crushed ice with yuzu, passion fruit and a dark chocolate liqueur. Served long with an accompanying ‘shot’ of tuna seviche with a tamarind ponzu. (£14)
- Kobe Cocktail - A riff on an Old Fashioned. Yamazaki 12yo whisky treated to a wash of the highest grade Kobe fat before being stirred with maple and salted caramel. (£28)
- Pistachio & Avocado Batida - Fresh avocado purée swizzled through crushed ice with cachaça, pistachio orgeat and cacao. Served long with an accompanying cone of maize cancha.
The culinary cocktails are available now at Sushisamba at 110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY. Find out more about Sushisamba.