If you fancy trying some international Michelin star cooking but can't be faffed with the Ryanair nightmare to get there, then Harrods' latest food event may well be the thing for you. At the end of April, they're bringing in seven Italian chefs with 13 stars between them for a special event as part of Identità London, which aims to showcase Italian cuisine.
It's a seven course lunch - with each course served up by one of the chefs, who will be cooking at separate stations around the table so you get to see the dishes being prepared, with Q&A sessions too. The line up consists of:
- Brothers Enrico and Roberto Cerea, from three Michelin-starred restaurant da Vittorio - they'll create a salted codfish tripe and smoked potato mousse starter, along with a grand dessert buffet.
- Massimo Bottura will be serving ‘psychedelic’ veal, one of the signature dishes at his three Michelin-starred restaurant, Osteria Francescana – number five in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants.
- Head chef of Ristorante Cracco, Carlo Cracco, will be producing a starter of saffron poached egg with courgettes and mussels. Davide Scabin, chef proprietor of Combal.Zero, will create a pasta shake.
- There will be a white fish in an aromatic herb crust with a chlorophyll reduction, created by Gennaro Esposito, chef at two Michelin-starred restaurant La Torre Del Saracino
- And finally a "legendary" carbonara by one of Italy’s youngest Michelin-starred chefs, Luciano Monosilio.
The seven course meal including matched wines for £150 per person. 100 tickets will go on sale on Monday 15th April with the lunch taking place on Sunday April 28. To book, call Harrods Concierge on 020 7225 6874 or email email@example.com.