Updated 29/5/18 with opening date and images of dishes
In a nutshell: Fresh pasta in Covent Garden
Summing it all up: The latest promising pasta spot heads to Covent Garden. Bancone features a chef who trained in Locanda Locatelli and plenty of 10-hour cooked ragus.
London's been getting some great fresh pasta restaurants of late - and that's set to continue with the latest, Bancone in Covent Garden.
In the kitchen will be Louis Korovilas, who's earned his pasta credentials under Giorgio Locatelli at Locanda Locatelli, as well as Pied a Terre and at supperclubs around town.
Dishes on the menu are planned to be around the £6-10 mark and many of the ragus will be of the 10-hour cooked variety. The menu includes:
- Charred hispi cabbage, chilli, garlic & 2017 Planeta olive oil
- Wye Valley asparagus, mixed pulses, grains & confit egg yolk
- Smoked duck breast, charred & pickled artichokes, bitter leaves & parmesan snow
- Ravioli of Westcombe Somerset ricotta with spring peas, broad beans & asparagus
- Braised duck ravioli del plin with duck broth
- Almond milk pudding, almond custard & crumb
- White peach with semifreddo
As for wines, expect lots of Italians and many by the glass.
The restaurant is from William Ellner and David Ramsey - Ellner's family is behind Joanna’s in Crystal Palace and it's his first central London restaurant.
More about Bancone
Where is it? 39 William IV Street, London, WC2N 4DD
When does it open? Opens for softs on 18 June 2018 with 50% off the food, before opening officially on 23 June. Follow them on Instagram for details of the soft launch.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners