Updated 18/6 with more info about the food.
FEAST has quickly become one of London's most successful food festivals, previously packing them in at Islington and Wapping and now it comes to East London, setting down in Brick Lane from July 4th - 7th.
This time, the theme will be their version of the summer village fete - with picnic hampers, coconut shies, tug of war, plenty of strawberries and cream and even hot air balloons in hand to help you get in the mood. You'll be able to pre-book your picnic hamper before you arrive, which will be created by a "top chef". They're keeping quiet on who the chef will be at the moment, but we'll tweet as soon as we have more news on that front.
And if you want to have your picnic in style, you'll be able to have it in a hot air balloon - at a proper dining table - with three others. We assume they won't be allowing you to push out over indulging guests if you need to lose some ballast...
And, of course, there are a huge number of some of the very best restaurants and street traders taking part. So far, the list - which includes some first timers like ex Young Turk James Lowe - includes:
- FLAT IRON
- SALT YARD GROUP
- JAMES LOWE
- PATTY AND BUN
- BIG APPLE HOT DOGS
- YUM BUN
- TACO SHACK
- AYAM LEGEND
- WHEN MAC MET CHEESE
- MERINGUE GIRLS
- POMP DU FRANC
- MAMMA SCHNITZEL
- BONNIE GULL
- MIKE AND OLLIE
- RUM KITCHEN
- FUNDI PIZZA
- THE PAVILLION
- THE PIG AND BUTCHER
- DETOX KITCHEN
- MISS MANCHU
- AFTER HOURS
And now we've had an update on what to expect from some of the stalls...
- Angela Hartnett's Whitechapel Dining Room: Scallops, bacon, spring onion and radish with truffle chips
- Flat Iron: Grassfed Wagyu Shortrib beef heading over from New Zealand specially for FEAST. The meat is cooked at a low temperature for 48hrs then finished over live charcoal to a give pink but charred piece of beef
- Bonnie Gull: fresh Devon crab in a bridge roll with baby gem lettuce as well as the AAA rated Portland Pearls, complete with shallot vinegar, lemon or Tabasco
- Spuntino: Peanut Butter & Jelly is taken to new (literal) levels of cool as an ice-cream sandwich with indulgent jam filling. They will also be serving their award-winning Truffled Egg Toast
- Tramontana Brindisa: hamburguesa blanco y negro - a mini burger of white butifarra sausage and morcilla. They will also be mixing up Fideua with cuttlefish, prawns and flame-roasted garlic alioli, gazpacho and jamon ibérico
- Opera Tavern: 5 Year Old Jamón Ibérico “Salt Yard” from Castro e Gonzales, Smoked Mackerel, Piquillo and Marjoram Crostini, Charcoal Grilled Chorizo with Smoked Aubergine, Almond Alioli
Feast is at Brick Lane Yard, Buxton Street Gate Corner of Buxton Street + Brick Lane, London E1 5ER from July 4-7 2013. Tickets for the event are £9 and you can get them from the FEAST website now.