Updated 24/10/18 with new opening date
What: Bob Bob Cité
In a nutshell: Press for champagne in the City
Summing it all up: Soho's iconic restaurant Bob Bob Ricard is opening a second place on the third floor of the Cheesegrater and they've got a top chef to head up the operation
Chavot is now back in town as the Executive Head Chef at Bob Bob Ricard and will be overseeing the kitchens at Bob Bob Cité - the new offshoot of Bob Bob Ricard which will open on level eight of the Leadenhall Building, aka the Cheesegrater.
He'll be offering up classic French country-style cooking, with British produce and also some from further afield, like mineral water from a naturally-carbonated source in his native Arcachon.
So far, other things we know about Bob Bob Cité are:
- It's on the eighth floor of the Leadenhall Building
- Apparently, it will be "suspended above the 30-meter high open-air atrium like the gondola of a zeppelin"
- The restaurant is going to be entirely made up of booths and will seat 190 with a collection of private rooms for a further 50, seating four to 18 guests.
- And, drumroll, there will be Press for Champagne buttons (Hooray!). And for a French twist, they will be "Pressez pour le champagne".
- Obviously, there will be a LOT of Champagne (it IS the City) but it will also have "one of the largest selections of Armagnac (over 100 vintages starting with 1888) and a collection of Chateau d’Yquem - the world’s greatest sweet wine - going back to 1866."
More about Bob Bob Cité
Where is it? Level 8, 122 Leadenhall St, London EC3V 4AB
When does it open? April 2019