Updated 23/04/19 with new opening date
What: Bob Bob Cité
In a nutshell: Press for champagne in the City
Summing it all up: Soho's iconic restaurant Bob Bob Ricard is opening a second place on the third floor of the Cheesegrater. They've got Eric Chavot in charge of the food and the design of the restaurant is suitably epic.
It's hard to imagine a more anticipated restaurant than the opening of Bob Bob Cité. With Eric Chavot running things as the Executive Head Chef, this City restaurant in the Leadenhall Building, aka the Cheesegrater, is going to be quite eye popping.
Here's what we know in numbers:
- 5: The years the restaurant has taken to complete, from start to finish
- 8: The floor of the Leadenhall building that it's on.
- 14: The number of pieces in the suite of bone china made by Wedgwood for the restaurant and designed by owner Leonid Shutov himself.
- 25: They're keeping schtum on the final tally but this is the amount of millions it's estimated the restaurant has cost to date. Blimey.
- 50: That's how many vintages of Armagnac going back to 1888 will be available by the glass.
- 190: This is how many diners it'll seat - with a collection of private rooms for a further 50, seating four to 18 guests.
- 200: The massive wine cellar is stocked with two hundred Methuselahs of fine Champagne.
- 800: How many bespoke light fittings were made for the restaurant including twenty-four of them being chandeliers. Apparently they use over one thousand two hundred light bulbs. Let's hope they're energy saving ones...
- 48,000: In order to keep the mirror-polish steel trim around the Japanese book-binding-paper-clad wall panels, 48,000 hand-polished ‘snake eye’ bolts were used. That's going to use up a lot of Pledge.
As for food, Chavot’s menu will focus on the classics such as French Onion Soup, Escargots, Veal Blanquette and Daube de Boeuf Provencal. There will of course be Pressez pour le champagne buttons and - good news if you're planning an epic dinner - they won't be turning tables.
More about Bob Bob Cité
Where is it? Level 8, 122 Leadenhall St, London EC3V 4AB
When does it open? 10 May 2019
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners