What: Duck and Waffle Local
In a nutshell: Duck and Waffle is reborn at ground level.
Summing it all up: There's a new Duck and Waffle coming to town with all the favourite dishes from the original but at ground level in St James's Market. And expect things to be very speedy this time around.
It has been rumoured for a while and now it's confirmed - a new Duck and Waffle is coming to town - setting up shop in St James's Market. But it's not the same as the sky-high original, this time it's being billed as a "fast casual, chef-curated restaurant".
So for this restaurant. you'll order at the counter before getting a table - and there will be takeaway too. It's a very different beast (or duck) from the original.
The key thing is - of course - that it's still led by Dan Doherty as Chef Director, and duck will be at the centre of the menu. On that menu will be:
- The Duck Burger with crispy duck leg
- A Duck Jam Doughnut
- The original Duck & Waffle
- BBQ Spiced & Seasoned Crackling Pigs Ears (we LOVE these)
- Full Elvis, peanut butter & jelly buttered waffle with vanilla cream, peanut brittle, fresh berries and caramelised banana.
Plus veg dishes including:
- Grilled Sprouting Broccoli with chilli, garlic, lemon and almonds
- Baby Spinach with peas, avocado, grains and seeds.
Drinks, particularly their cocktails, were also a big thing in the original and they'll be a highlight here too. Duck and Waffle's Rich Woods Rich Woods is putting on a "Taps & Tails" menu with on-tap cocktails ready to go at the pull of a tap as well as brews including the Holy Duck IPA (of course) and a select list of wines.
More about Duck and Waffle Local
Where is it? 52 Haymarket, St. James's Market, London SW1Y 4RP
When does it open? May 3, 2017