Ben Spalding, always known for putting together some pretty special dinners, is gearing up for his next big thing - #AllGunsBlazing - a collaboration with some very big chefs from the UK (and Norway too).
All the dinners will be on 4th Floor studios on Commercial Road. They're aiming for "affordable & cutting edge collaboration dinners". As for that line-up, it's:
- Paul Foster from Salt, West Midlands (31/05/16 & 01/06/16)
- Graham Garrett from West House, Kent (28/06/16 & 29/06/16)
- Ernst Van Zyl from The Lord Clyde, Maccelsfield (02/08/16 & 03/08/16)
- Michael Wignall from Gidleigh Park, Devon (30/08/16 & 01/09/16)
- Mikael Svensson from Restaurant Kontrast, Oslo, Norway (04/10/16 & 05/10/16)
- Adam Simmonds – ex Danefield House and who will be opening in London in 2017’ (01/11/16 & 02/11/16)
Each one will be a ten course menu - and as well as serving their own creations, each chef & Ben Spalding will create one savoury dish & one sweet dish together. And they're planning something special on the lighting and music front too, as it's all in a purpose built room.
Alongside that, they'll have a changing wine list from Bibendum and cocktails include "Monkey 47 Gin & Pedrino Tonic with pink grapefruit & grape ice cubes" and "Ice cider flavoured with stem ginger & kaffir lime". And there will be a non alcoholic list with super-berry juices, sodas & non-alcoholic cocktails.
Each dinner will be £79-£89 per guest for 10 courses inc VAT, which is not a bad deal at all. Plus, for the first two events, they'll have a special offer of buy 6 tickets, get 2 free.
#AllGunsBlazing will be at 4th Floor Studios 255-259 Commercial Road London E1 2BT. The first dinner is on 31 May and tickets are available now and you can book by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info and for future for tickets, keep an eye on @ChefBenSpalding.