A Hot Dinners exclusive
In a nutshell: Kebabs in Islington
Summing it all up: They already have a kebab restaurant in Battersea, and now they're coming to Islington's Upper Street. BabaBoom will be serving up all their favourite kebabs with meat and vegetables cooked over coal and some cracking Middle Eastern sides too.
Kebab restaurant BabaBoom opened to much success in Battersea a couple of years ago (as well as a Deliveroo delivery-only venture), and now they're gearing up to open their second place in Islington. They'll be taking over the spot that's been left by Vintage Salt/The Fish and Chip Shop on Upper Street.
As for what to expect? Similar Middle-Eastern kebabs to the original, cooked over coal. They'll have some of the favourites from the first restaurant as well as a few new additions (including Cabrito goat belly). That menu - with plenty of vegan and vegetarian choices - includes:
- Sticky sumac wings with date molasses & lime
- Crispy squid with house dukkah
- Saffron & orange chicken shish kebab
- Coal-fired cauliflower w/ sweet potato hummus kebab
- Beef brisket, chilli & smoked cheese kofta kebab
- Coal-fired cauliflower with pomegranate, tahini & crispy onions
- Lamb, black olive & whipped feta flatbread
On top of this, they'll be serving up their own BabaBoom draught beer, will have a lunchtime £5 kebab special on weekdays and host regular events. So if you're after a kebab fix on Upper Street - keep an eye on this place.
More about BabaBoom
Where is it? 189 Upper St, London N1 1RQ
When does it open? August 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners