You may have been busy this summer visiting old London restaurant haunts, making up for lost dining time during lockdown. While it’s been a mixed bag of emotions seeing who’s still standing and who is still sadly boarded up, the inspirational openings keep coming. We’re happy to see that lovers of Italian food can still get their fix at Marylebone’s La Brasseria Milanese, which first opened back in May 2018. Now the owners, third-generation brothers Andrea and Alberto Fraquelli, are bringing Marylebone Village’s best Italian coffee (such is the rumour) and homemade pasta to a second location, over in Notting Hill.
Opening on the former site of All Saints fashion store on Westbourne Grove, La Brasseria Notting Hill intends to woo West London with aperitivi, breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week in proper Italian trattoria style. They’ve been posting tantalising previews of the handcrafted restaurant décor from Pictalab Milano for weeks now, so you can visually transport yourself (and your favourite canine; they’re very pet-friendly) to La Dolce Vita while you eat.
We expect the weekend brunches to be big in this location too, but there are dedicated menus for various occasions (make sure you save room for the Dolci, with plenty of Italian specialities, as well as gelatos and Italian cheeses). Here are a few highlights spanning their various offerings:
- Crostino Milanese: Scrambled eggs topped with Parmigiano Reggiano (DOCG), mushroom and tomato
- Little Italy Chicken: Uncle Franco’s favourite chicken Milanese topped with aubergine, mozzarella, tomato sauce and Parmesan
- Il Diavolo di Portobello pizza: Tomato, mozzarella, spicy calabrese nduja and chilli
- Paccheri alla Norma: Nonna Rosa’s Palermitana recipe, tomato sauce, fried aubergine and dried ricotta cheese
- La Fiorentina: Firenze’s famous T-bone steak to share – cut and plated at the table by head chef Andrea Denaro
On the drinks front, you can spoil yourself with six different kinds of Negronis or opt for the mainly Italian wine list.
More about La Brasseria Notting Hill
Where is it? 290 Westbourne Grove, London W11 2PS
When? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners