They're opening a proper restaurant in Shoreditch later this month, but Eggslut aren't hanging around for that.
Eggslut started out as a food truck in LA and now they've gone back to their beginning - serving up their eggy sandwiches to take away. They've also teamed up with Bompas and Parr to add a little "pizzazz" to the truck. To that end there's an "edible cloud" that will be enveloping the truck which will feature - we kid you not - "the comforting taste of vegan bacon released from giant clouds of edible yolk-orange fog". So the truck should be fairly easy to spot. We note they've had to create a sign that says "Please note, the truck is not on fire..."!
On offer food-wise will be:
- Truffle-Portobello sandwich: soft scrambled eggs, smoked chipotle purée, Portobello Mushroom, black truffle and hollandaise sauce (Brand new to the food truck)
- Fairfax sandwich: soft scrambled eggs, chives, caramelised onions, cheddar cheese, sriracha mayo
- The Slut: coddled egg on top of house-made potato purée, cooked in a glass jar topped with gray salt and chives, served with slices of baguette
- Hash browns with truffle and rosemary salt: gold and crunchy hash browns served with truffle and rosemary salt with the option to add duck fat dripping
- Egg salad sandwich: hard-boiled eggs and chives mixed in honey mustard aioli, topped with dressed rocket
The truck starts at Ely's Yard, before moving onto Leonard Street (where the Shoreditch restaurant will be). On the launch day (14 August), they'll also have free sandwiches to the first 100 punters.
More about The Eggslut food truck
Where is it? Ely's Yard - 91 Brick Ln, London E1 6QL (2-11 August) and then 94 Leonard St, London EC2A 4RH (12-14 August)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners