Now that the weather's not quite so hellish, it feels safe again to talk about new alfresco options in town. Over in Stratford the restaurant group D&D (think German Gymnasium, Bluebird, 14 Hills) has just opened a pop up outdoors restaurant.
Set in Endeavour Square, the summery spot is hoping to bring the flavour of the Alps to East London. It's a very tight menu as you can see:
- Severn and Wye smoked salmon with potato rösti, horseradish cream
- Currybratwurst and fries with curry sauce
- Vegan schnitzel broetchen with pickled vegetables, cheese and crispy onions
- Zigeurner schnitzel with spiced paprika sauce and fries
- Giant chilli pulled beef dog with sauerkraut, BBQ sauce and crispy onions
- Rostbratwurst - with sauerkraut and crispy onions.
The drinks list is equally edited - just 11 wines and Champagnes, all available by the glass and bottle - along with some spirits and one cocktail, an Aperol Spritz.
Best of all only a third of the space will be available to pre-book meaning you have an outside chance of grabbing a seat in the sun when the weather's good.
More about Anders Terrace
Where is it? 9 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London E20 1JN
When? Open now.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners