As sure a sign that London is returning to some kind of normality is the revival of some of the city's food festivals. So we're happy to report that, after a fallow year, Meatopia is coming back in September.
The meat and fire festival is returning to Tobacco Dock for what will be its eighth year of showcasing great chefs, loads of 'cue, along with a fair amount of drinking and music. And, while they haven't revealed the full line-up of talent this year, the early signs are that it's going to be a good one with chefs coming from all over the country to take part.
Here's the list so far:
- Roberta Hall-McCarron of The Little Chartroom in Edinburgh
- James Cochran of Islington's 12:51
- Brad Carter from Michelin-starred Carters of Moseley in Birmingham
- Karan Gokani from Hoppers
- Freddie Janssen of Dalston cafe Snackbar
- Plus, the chefs from From The Ashes who have been working in and around the festival for years in one capacity or another are here for their first year with their own restaurant.
It all sounds right up our street, so we'll see you there.
More about Meatopia 2021
Where is it? Tobacco Dock, Tobacco Quay, Wapping Ln, London E1W 2SF
When is it? 3-5 September 2021
How to book: Get tickets online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners