What: Harrods Social
In a nutshell: Jason Atherton instore
Summing it all up: The latest Social restaurant to join the Jason Atherton empire is within Knightsbridge's iconic Harrods. He's launching a menu there that makes the best of British provenance.
As restaurants get ready to open again - a brand new place from Jason Atherton is joining them, The chef and restaurateur has joined up with Harrod's to launch the latest Social Company restaurant in the series - Harrods Social.
It's his first restaurant that's actually in a store, and is based on the lower ground floor (taking over from where Harrods Brasserie briefly was). Expect lots of marble and brass from the surroundings. As for the food, that's all created with a view to using local British suppliers with top producers involved. On the menu is:
- Seared tuna, avocado & lime purée, heritage radish & ponzu dressing
- Wye Valley Asparagus, wild garlic, confit egg yolk jam, morels & aged parmesan sable
- BBQ Heritage carrots, yuzu, braised Roscoff onions & bitter leaves
- Whole Cornish Lobster on Champagne risotto & shellfish velouté
- Brill, white miso emulsion, Pak choi, spicy ponzu & crispy squid with peppercorn dressing
- Roasted Cumbrian rack of lamb and shepherd’s pie, asparagus, broad beans, peas, morels & violet artichoke
- A5 Wagyu club sandwich, laminated bread, egg, dried tomatoes, lettuce, wasabi mayonnaise & triple cooked chips
We don't have prices yet, but we don't imagine that wagyu sandwich is going to be sold on the cheap. On the drinks list are cocktails that are primarily classics like the Paloma (Blanco tequila, Aperol, Mezcal, grapefruit, prickly pear, fig) as well as a Russian Spring Punch (Vodka, Black Raspberry Liqueur, lemon juice, sugar syrup, Champagne).
The Harrods Social opening comes as the department store starts keeping its Dining Hall open later - that'll be open until 10.30pm now - and they're also adding a new Pasta Evangelists restaurant there.
More about Harrods Social
Where is it? Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Rd, London SW1X 7XL
When does it open? 17 May 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners