Throughout the lockdown, one of London's best restaurants Black Axe Mangal has remained closed (we know, we've been double-checking every time we walk past). But that doesn't mean that Lee Tiernan's restaurant hasn't been busy as they've already created an amazing pie and some awesome baos.
But while we're still waiting for news on the restaurant, we're about to get the real BAM delivery deal. They've teamed up with Big Night for a menu of classics, Easter treats and more.
Here's what they'll be delivering (and what Lee Tiernan has to say about it):
- Lamb offal flat bread - The OG classic BAM Flatbread.
- Grilled hispi cabbage, fermented Shrimp butter & seaweed - Another staple of the BAM menu. The funk of fermented shrimp possesses the same complex aromas of Parmesan in my opinion but is very intense by itself.
- Mapo tofu, rice noodles & pickles - This is one of my favourite things to eat on the planet. I am addicted to the spicy, numbing tingling quality of the Sichuan pepper packed sauce spiked with the pickles.
- Cadbury cream egg chocolate cookie, sour cream and luxardo cherries - A whole Cadbury cream egg encased in cookie dough. I love how the cream egg filling mimics a genuine chocolate fondant.
- The morning after... the Reuben flatbread - For brunch we have the Reuben Flatbread amped up with Russian Dressing and a combination of Ogleshield cheese and a sharp, mature Montgomery Cheddar.
The box also has four Jameson cocktails, and there's even a chance to win a Gozney Roccbox oven, with a golden ticket inside one of the boxes.
More about Black Axe Mangal delivered
Where is it? 156 Canonbury Rd, Highbury, London N1 2UP
Delivery range: Nationwide
How much: £85. Boxes are limited, but expect a revised menu every month.
How to order: Order online
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @blackaxemangal.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners