Fitzrovia's Riding House Cafe has returned to the delivery scene for 2021 with something of a difference - launching Soul Ride, a Caribbean-influenced spin-off.
It's headed up by Chef Patron Henry Omereye and Chef Martin Kanu, and it's taking over the entire Riding House menu, for both local deliveries and nationwide meal kits.
Starting with the local delivery - that offering features dishes which include:
- Smoked Cajun pepper stew with coconut, avocado, christophine and okra crisps and fried egg
- Caribbean pancakes with toasted marshmallows, coconut clotted cream, white chocolate, and banana maple syrup
- Salt cod fritters with Bajan pepper sauce
- Island stew (braised mutton, yam, pumpkin, okra, scotch bonnet & dumplings)
- Soul Burger with ackee & callaloo
- Cinnamon sugar dumplings with banana cream.
But if you're not able to make it into Fitzrovia, they're also delivering a Soul Ride meal kit nationwide. They have three boxes - a brunch box, a roast box (a spin on a roast chicken box with a whole corn-fed pimento chicken) and a Weekender feast box. That mammoth feast box includes smoked Cajun pepper stew, coconut, avocado, christophine & okra crisps alongside BBQ jerk beans, salt cod fritters, curry mutton, jerk chicken burgers and a 500g 32 day-aged pimento-marinated cote de boeuf (and even more besides).
On top of that, their local store will continue, so you can pop in for meat from O Shea's, to pick up Soul Ride dishes and more.
More about Soul Ride
Find out more: Visit their website or follow them on Instagram @housecafes.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners