Republic is a brand new restaurant that fell under our radar until now - but was recently highlighted in a BBC news story.
The restaurant comes from two Kricket alumni, chef Kuldeep Mattegunta and Mustaq Tappewale. The two have spent a decade in the restaurant industry and met at Kricket, where Mattegunta was head chef and Tappewale was GM. Kuldeep Mattegunta has some top level experience under his belt, having also previously worked at Benares, Nobu Park Lane and Quilon.
Repubic has been popping up around London from time to time, but this is its first permanent location. It's described as "representing a dynamic, eclectic, and evolving India" with a menu that's "rooted in traditions but is sophisticated and imaginative at the same time".
That translates to dishes on the menu like:
- Paneer stuffed padron pepper bhajiya, peanuts and red onion
- Parsnip and Soya kheema sausage roll, spicy tomato ketchup
- Crispy Chicken and Chips ‘65’, Spicy chip shop Mayo
- Pollock ‘Meen gassi’, Spicy garlic murmura
- Pistachio gilafi Venison seekh, Celeriac and green apple kasundi, Piquillo pepper ketchup
- For dessert - Khova fondant, Rose and Pistachio custard
That sounds pretty great and we also like the sound of the Republic Sour, which is made of curry leaves-infused vodka, lemon and egg white (and they'll have guest cocktails on the list too).
The restaurant was due to open before Christmas but has been pushed back until 2021. However - they are now on Deliveroo, so if you're in the area and hungry, order something to support them.
More about Republic
Where is it? 301-303 Chiswick High Road, London W4 4HH
When does it open? Open for delivery now, and January 2021 for dine-in
How to order: Call them on 020 8154 2712 for takeaway or order on Deliveroo.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners