23/11/20 - updated with the launch details
What: Gordon Ramsay Burger
In a nutshell: Pretty self-explanatory...
Summing it all up: Previously only in Las Vegas, Gordon Ramsay brings his burger restaurant to London - launching in Harrods. But will he have what it takes to compete in London's burger scene?
Gordon Ramsay is throwing his hand into London's burger ring by bringing his Gordon Ramsay Burger restaurant to Harrods. The burger restaurant started in Las Vegas and this makes it the first time he's launched it anywhere else.
Here's what you can get at the Harrods place, when it opens:
- Wagyu Burger (£80) Beef patty, seared Wagyu sirloin, truffle Pecorino cheese, cep mayonnaise, fresh black truffle
- Lobster & Shrimp Burger (£42) Pan-seared lobster and rock shrimp patty, pickled vegetables, herb aïoli, frisée
- Hell’s Kitchen Burger (£25) Mozzarella cheese, roasted jalapeños, avocado, roasted tomatoes, jalapeño aïoli
- Forest Burger (£25) Beef patty, Gruyere cheese, sauté mushrooms, fried Arlington white egg, rocket, cep mayonnaise
- Blue Cheeseburger (£24) Beef patty, Cashel blue cheese, balsamic glazed onions, rocket, blue cheese dressing, crispy onion ring
Yes, those really are very Harrods prices (fries are extra!!) and there are also sides like Truffle ‘Mac & Cheese’ Croquettes and hot dogs.
Gordon Ramsay's recent openings haven't had the warmest of receptions here in the UK, but he's still a big draw and his flagship restaurant retains its three Michelin stars. And he did impress Uncle Roger, after all. But as we're sure you all know, London's burger scene is pretty damned impressive right now - so we expect some very critical eyes on what Gordon is bringing to the table. He's certainly up for the challenge, going by this quote:
Whether you’re popping in for a juicy, classic beef patty or something more luxurious like the Lobster Shrimp Burger, if you want plant-based or super crispy chicken, I promise you will never have tasted anything quite as delicious as the amazing burgers at Gordon Ramsay Burger. I’ve been perfecting burgers for years in America and now at Harrods we are taking it to the next level. Championing some of the most incredible ingredients from amazing British providers, producers, artisans and growers, all cooked to absolute perfection and served with sensational sides, I guarantee this will be a burger experience like no other - Gordon Ramasy.
More about Gordon Ramsay Burger
Where is it? Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL
When does it open? 4 December 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners