On top of being chef-owner of Tredwells, Chantelle Nicholson is getting ready to open a three-month pop-up in Hackney called All's Well (where Squeg + Bonez was most recently).
Hyper seasonal, sustainable plates will be at the heart of the menu which will celebrate produce from across the UK. Organic and biodynamic fruit and vegetables will be delivered bi-weekly from Kent and Sussex while pasture-fed, organic meat will be from Wiltshire and there are plans to work with more innovative producers.
Here's a taste of the first menu:
- Deep-fried Brussels sprouts, vermouth vinegar
- Roasted Kuri squash tempura, roast garlic mayo, fig leaf oil
- Horton House Farm lamb ribs, smoked yoghurt, swede kimchi
- BBQ'd Lion's mane mushroom on toast
- Cavolo Nero, rich roast chicken broth, fried egg, Winchester cheese & einkorn
- Marinated Laines Farm carrots, cultured cashew cream, carrot top relish
- Warm malted chocolate pudding, smoked oat cream
- Rosemary-roasted concorde pears, Stilton, sourdough croutes
Alongside that, expect wines from Renegade Urban Winery and natural wine merchants Le Caves de Pyrene plus cocktails and the very sustainable Toast Ale. In addition, the intention is for everything in the restaurant - from the chairs to the cutlery - to be recycled or upcycled use.
Here's what Chanelle says about the opening:
All’s Well’s menu will be the food I love created with my ethos of sustainability. I’m going to work backwards from what is available from the tight range of suppliers that inspire and motivate me to create really delicious food. Whilst this may be an odd time to be opening a restaurant, I feel a responsibility to preserve jobs and create new challenges for those who work with me. I’ve been coveting a neighbourhood to become part of for quite some time, so this feels like a positive opportunity to meet a new crowd, as well as welcoming in some of the Tredwells’ guests too.
More about All's Well
Where is it? 171 Mare Street, London E8 3RH
When does it open? 29 October 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners