A brand new 5-star hotel, The Mitre, is opening right next to Hampton Court very soon. The building has been there for a few hundred years now but it's just had a boutique hotel overhaul. Ahead of the hotel rooms opening, they've opened the two riverside restaurants there.
In charge of the food is Ronnie Kimbugwe who, after working with Gordon Ramsay in Claridges for six years, launched and ran the food at the Bel and the Dragon inn group (which we rather liked on a visit a few years back). He's behind the two new restaurants Coppernose and 1665 as Culinary & Operations Director.
First up - Coppernose (named after Henry VIII). That's an all-day restaurant (including afternoon tea) with a menu that includes:
- Hampshire Burrata & Burnt Orange, Dandelion Syrup & Toasted Cashew Nuts
- Seared Sashimi Tuna & Sesame Crust, Radishes, Pickles & Wasabi
- Roasted Lincolnshire Suckling Pig Porchetta, Apple & Celeriac Salad
- Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables & Puy Lentil, Basil Oil, Confit Garlic & Baba Ganoush
Then there's 1665 (the year The Mitre was built), a brasserie with a terrace overlooking the Thames. That menu features:
- Freshly Picked Crab Toastie, Harissa, Spiced Mayo, Lime & Apple
- Steamed Devonshire Mussels, Somerset Cider, Thyme & Shallots
- Atlantic Lobster & Prawn Cocktail, Gems, Sriracha & Lemon
- Cornish Sole Meuniére, Capers, Burnt Butter & Parsley
- Goan Prawn & Seafood Curry, Whole Grain Basmati & Wild Rice
They also have their own beer on draught - The Six Wives. And we shouldn't need to tell you where that name comes from. Overall, given the chef and its lovely riverside location, this looks well worth checking out.
More about The Mitre
Where is it? Hampton Ct Rd, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9BN
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners