Taking proper advantage of the lockdown, The Princess of Shoreditch has had something of a revamp while it's been closed so it'll be returning with a new look next month. It's also coming back with a brand new head chef who you may have seen on Great British Menu - Ruth Hansom.
She'll be taking on the menu in the upstairs restaurant with dishes based on British provenance. That'll include:
- Surrey Docks Courgette Flower Goats Cheese, Honey
- Isle of Wight Tomato Watermelon, Ribblesdale Curd, Black Garlic
- Rhug Estate Venison Haunch Tartar Mustard seed, fennel, nasturtium
- Swaledale Lamb Rump Summer Squash, juniper, mint
- Norfolk Blackleg Chicken Baby artichoke, turnip, lovage
- St Ewes’ Yolk and Watercress Ravioli tender broccoli, lord of the hundreds, morel
- Hedgerow Berry Souffle Elderflower, Forty Hall Vineyard Sparkling
- Garden Ginger set custard Gooseberry, Yorkshire Rhubarb, Sorrel
We have to say - the menu does sound pretty great. A bit like a staycation tour of the UK, but with food.
It's also backed up by a bar menu that includes snacks like Ewes Farm Black Pudding Scotch Egg Fennel Mayo, Rhubarb and - deep breath - Norfolk Black Leg Chicken Liver Parfait, Pressed thigh with leek, date and pistachio, Sautéed Hearts, Crispy Skin Butter, Toasted Barley Loaf, Chicory and Apple. That's one hell of a bar snack.
More about The Princess of Shoreditch
Where is it? 76-78 Paul St, Hackney, London EC2A 4NE
When does it reopen? 9 September 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners