His 'plant-forward' food was enough to win him a £500,000 stake on TV's Million Pound Menu. Now chef Jay Morjaria, is going to be showcasing that winning talent at his new Dalston residency, JAE.
Having popped up with JAE at various spots across London over the past year or so, this new weekend slot at Untitled will be a semi-permanent base for Morjaria running every Thursday to Saturday night.
The menu focuses on Korean anju food - so small plates that work perfectly with drinks. Dishes you can expect include:
- Grilled padrón peppers with whipped feta and shin cup seasoning
- Kimchi, devilled eggs, crispy shallots
- Tartar, sesame emulsion, herbs, on a shiso leaf
- Day boat crudo with apricot and leche de tigre
- Cold soba noodle salad with sweet and sour gochucharu dressing & cucumber salad
All of this sounds enticing enough to get us hot-footing it down to Dalston the minute it opens.
Photos: Nic Crilly-Hargrave
More about JAE at Untitled
Where is it? 538 Kingsland Road, London E8 4AH
When? 3 September 2020 every Thursday to Saturday
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners