Islington is getting a new weekend market and has some impressive traders lined up. According to The Standard, Boulevard Market will be taking over Islington Square, the new-ish development in the old sorting office space. The area is very quiet at the moment (apart from Megan's which seems to be doing great business) and has you can see from above, there's loads of space - so it seems like a natural progression.
The traders are led by St John Bakery, so if you need a weekend Eccles cake or doughnut fix in Islington, this will be the place to come. Joining them will be:
- Turnips, the famed veg stall from Borough Market
- The Borough Cheese Company
- La Tua Pasta - fresh artisan pasta
- Kim n' Chi with fermented foods
- Woop - with Italian olive oil
- Bombom - a Korean deli
- The Beefsteaks - for steak and chips
- Casa Canoli - Italian sweets
- Noodo - Gluten-free bakery
- London Grade Coffee
- Mix & Muddle - selling cocktails.
Expect chairs and terrace seating to be added too - assuming the weather behaves, of course.
Boulevard market opens on 4 September and runs until 18 October. Follow them on Instagram @boulevard_mrkt.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners