Changes are afoot at The Kitchen Table.
The two-Michelin starred restaurant is essentially one big kitchen counter for communal eating. That's been great up until now - but doesn't quite work with the new socially distant age. So the restaurant is not only getting a big refurbishment, but it's also expanding into the Bubbledogs space, where they'll be adding a new lounge and bar while a version of the counter will also remain. More on this is to be revealed soon - and meanwhile you can order the Bubbledogs hot-dogs online at Sandia Chang's Bubbleshop.
That's all in the future - and for now, Kitchen Table is also launching its own delivery service. Recreating the experience at home means that they will be delivering tasting menus to Londoners. There's a 7-course menu at £75 and a full-on 11-course menu for £125 (which also features a bottle of grower champagne). Here's what's on that first menu:
- Kitchen Table’s freshly baked parkerhouse rolls, whipped wild garlic infused butter
- Crispy chicken skin, rosemary-infused mascarpone and bacon jam
- Chilled summer melon soup with compressed melon salad, sherry vinegar and aromatic herbs
- English purple sprouting broccoli, 36-month aged parmesan sauce, black walnut ketchup, sourdough croutons with lemon zest and olive oil
- Hand dived Orkney Island scallops, toasted hazelnut and herb butter
- Cornish Day boat fish en papillote, summer baby vegetables, roast shellfish sauce, fine herb salad
- Burrata from Puglia, fresh English cherries, wild fig leaf oil
- Homemade pasta in a truffle butter sauce with shaved Italian summer truffles
- Baked cheesecake, extra virgin olive oil, summer berry compote
- Kitchen Table white chocolate and Tahitian vanilla fudge
If that's just not enough for you, you can add on extra courses like "50g Exmoor Caviar, fresh waffles, Creme fraiche & maple syrup infused with white alba truffles" (that's £125 for two) or "Cornish lobster, Tahitian vanilla-infused brown butter, semi-dried Isle of Wight tomatoes, English raspberries, and fresh herb salad" for £25 per person.
It's delivered every Friday and you need to order by midnight the previous Sunday so they can get it all ready. So if you fancy a full-on fancy feast - this is for you.
More about Kitchen Table
Where is it? 70 Charlotte St, Bloomsbury, London W1T 4Q
When does the delivery service start? 5 August, order by Sunday delivery the following Friday
How to order: On this link
Delivery range: London only
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @kitchentable1.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners