They already have some of the best doughnuts in town, now Crosstown is getting into the ice cream business. Three of their shops (Shoreditch, Canary Wharf, Greenwich) will be launching ice cream scoop bars, either in cones. cups or tubs to take home. Many of the other stores will have mini tubs ready to grab and go (and there will be delivery too, of course).
The flavours sound pretty great:
- Salted Treacle – Rich, slightly smoky treacle is blended with thick cream
- Madagascan Vanilla – A classic Madagascan bourbon vanilla ice cream, slowly worked and aged for 36 hours to extract the vanilla flavour.
- Strawberries & Cream
- Mint Stracciatella – House-made, fresh mint gelato, churned with pieces of 70% Jamaican Pump Street Chocolate.
- Peanut Butter & Blackcurrant (vegan) – Roasted peanut butter ice cream, rippled with homemade blackcurrant jam.
- Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt (vegan)
- Elderflower Sorbet (vegan) – Made with handpicked elderflower from the English countryside - a small-batch seasonal flavour.
You can also top all of these with some of their doughnut toppings - vanilla bean crumble, chocolate soil and sprinkles. There will also be affogato (espresso with ice cream and cinnamon sugar doughnut biscotti) and shakes.
We'll be honest, we stopped in our tracks at the salted treacle - we must have some of that.
More about Crosstown ice cream
Where are the scoop bars? Shoreditch - 157 Brick Lane, E1 6SB, Canary Wharf - 64 Jubilee Place, E14 5NY, Greenwich - 5 Greenwich Market, SE10 9HZ
When do they start? 16 July 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners