(We're updating this article as new information is announced)
Today, the government finally unveiled the new measures that will allow London's restaurants, bars and pubs to reopen from 4 July. Here's how it's all going to work:
- Pubs, bars and restaurants can reopen on Saturday 4 July
- The social distancing rule will be changed to 1m+
- That means it can be 1m only if "mitigation" is in place (e.g. face masks, seating people side by side - full info for that is here).
- Everything will be limited to table service only
- Contact details will be taken from every customer (to enable contact tracing if needed)
- Hotels will also be allowed to open
- "Close contact" venues such as night-clubs will remain closed for the moment
It's all under continual review though. Boris Johnson said, "at every stage caution will remain our watchword - and each step will be conditional, and reversible."
In the run-up to July, we're keeping track of all the restaurants that are reopening. If you're thinking about booking, see our reopening guide here.
More food and drink delivered...
And for even more delivery ideas (including shops, coffee, booze, bakeries and more), check out our Staying in section.
Food delivery in London, by area...
Central: Central London restaurant deliveries
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners