Challenging though the lockdown has been, every now and again it delivers a ray of sunshine and this new opening in Hackney Wick is certainly it.
From The Ashes BBQ comes from three chefs - Frank Fellows, Martin Anderson and Curtis Bell who had been left unemployed due to the lockdown and decided to started their own business, having all met previously when they worked at Temper.
As they say - "After late nights deciding what we’d want if we could only get delivery or takeaway, we all came to the agreement on BBQ & smoked meats." Using ethically sourced meat from across the company, they've set up a BBQ hatch in Hackney Wick.
Available to collect - the menu sounds great (and expect this to change regularly):
- Smoked Pork Bun, pickles, marmite mayo, lemon and smoked garlic mayo.
- Smoked Beef Bun, chilli mayo, pickled chilli.
- Smoked Pork Shoulder Doughnut, chilli jam
- Smoked Argentinian sausage, dinner roll, chimichurri
- Crispy new potatoes, beef fat, BBQ seasoning
- Fresh vinegar slaw, fennel salt, herbs
- BBQ beans, burnt ends
Definitely worth a visit, we'd say.
More about From The Ashes
Where is it? Unit 19, 10 Stour Road, Hackney Wick, London E3 2PA
How to order: Collection only for now (delivery coming soon)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners