We are seeing rather a lot of restaurants making their return to London right now. And next up are the hugely popular Din Tai Fung in Covent Garden.
It's delivery only, of course, so you won't be able to see the artists at work creating the xiao long bao dumplings (it's so soothing - we could watch that for ages) and indeed, it doesn't seem that the soup dumplings available at all (perhaps they don't travel as well).
So it's a slightly reduced range, but that's still pretty damned big in Din Tai Fung terms. The menu does include:
- Chilli Crab and Pork Buns (as well as pork and chicken)
- Various Jiao Zi and Shao Mai dumplings, inc Prawn and Pork Shao Mai
- Shanghainese Drunken Chicken
- Stir-fries including Dou Miao with Garlic
- Fried rice including Pork Chop and Egg Fried Rice
- Noodles including Dan Dan noodles
And while you can't get the xiao long bao, the custard lava buns are on offer - so we'd say they're a must-have.
More about Din Tai Fung
Where is it? 5 Henrietta St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8PT
How to order: On Deliveroo
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @dintaifunguk.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners