Restaurants have taken a big hit as a result of the Coronavirus / Covid-19 outbreak. But after a period of regrouping, restaurants are starting to re-open with new delivery and collection options in place. This page will be our running tracker on when restaurants are re-opening across London.
- NASI Economy Rice (Holloway) - Sambal Shiok's sister restaurant becomes a deli (starts 3 June).
- Osteria Tufo (Finsbury Park) - much loved local Italian restaurant starts delivering (from 2 June)
- Maggie Jones (Kensington) - serving up a very British takeaway menu (from 3 June)
- Flor (Borough) - sister restaurant to Lyle's, back serving pastries, bread and soft-serve ice-cream
- Wander (Stoke Newington) are now sending out two finish-at-home kits
- Honest Chicken (King's Cross) - the first all-chicken spin-off of Honest Burgers.
- Padella (Shoreditch) - now selling finish-at-home kits of some of their most popular dishes
- Kaké (Chelsea) - Chisou goes upmarket
- Santa Maria (Brentford) - a whole new pizzeria that happens to be in a car showroom
- Lupins (Borough) has returned as a kitchen shop and deli
- Jolene (Newington Green) has started up its bakery ovens on 20 May
- Gymkhana (Mayfair) are delivering their Michelin-starred Indian food (pictured above)
- Trishna (Marylebone), from the same people as Gymkhana, has reopened for delivery
- Gunpowder (Spitalfields) - the popular Indian restaurant in the City is changing its most popular dishes to delivery-friendly formats on 24 May
- Cocktail Rescue (Hackney) is the new cocktail delivery service from Bao
- Comptoir Gascon (City) - Pascal Aussignac has a classic French menu for delivery
- Bar Douro (London Bridge) - back delivering Portuguese food.
- Din Tai Fung (Covent Garden) - no queues for their delivery service, and custard lava buns are on the menu
- Ottolenghi (Islington and Notting Hill) - back serving cakes and salads.
- Honest Burgers (Various) - they re-opened multiple burger venues
- Jean Georges at The Connaught - Black truffle pizzas to go
- Folie (Soho) - the Soho restaurant has launched some of its classics on Supper.
- Crispin (Spitalfields) - rebranded as Crispin Stores with weekly ready meals by guest head chef Nazmul Hassan
- Hans Bar and Grill (Chelsea) - now offering a weekend menu (including a Sunday Roast)
- Kaké by Chisou (Knightsbridge) is offering chirashi & rice dishes from the Chisou team.
- La Poule au Pot (Belgravia) - French classics to take away.
- Vins (Highbury) - the wine bar has now launched a new weekend take-home menu
- Leroy (Shoreditch) are now Royale and are delivering rotisserie chicken
- Le Relais de Venise (Marylebone) is selling steak and frites sandwiches
- The Brass Rail at Selfridges (Mayfair) - is back with their salt beef sandwiches
- McDonald's finally returned, opening four restaurants in London to start.
- Clipstone - (Fitzrovia) is back with a pretty amazing pithivier.
- Brigadiers (City) has reopened for delivery
- Hoppers (King's Cross and Soho) - The Sri Lankan restaurant is back, with more to follow
- Berenjak (various locations) has started a new delivery service (the main restaurant starts again in June)
- Adam Handling has begun a new delivery service from his Covent Garden restaurant - cheese doughnuts are on the menu.
- Dumplings' Legend (Chinatown) is now delivering its huge menu (incl. xiao long bao)
- Rice Error (London Bridge, Fitzrovia) is the new delivery service from BAO.
- Riding House Cafe (Fitzrovia) - reopened as a general store as well as a deilvery service.
- Mazi and Suzi Tros (Notting Hill) - the restaurants have teamed up for a new Greek delivery service
- Opso (Marylebone) - serving a "home-cooked" Greek delivery service
- The Sea The Sea (Chelsea) - already opened as a fishmonger, Leo Carreira’s were added to the mix
- Little Duck Home Kitchen (Hackney - taking the place of The Picklery) opened for delivery from London Fields
- Nobu London (Mayfair) started delivering, with their Black Cod Miso on the menu
- Angelina (Dalston) is serving up special Friday feast
- Chik'n (Marylebone) returned with their fried chicken sandwiches
- Patty & Bun (Hackney, Notting Hill, London Bridge) - in addition to the lockdown burger kit, they reopened some restaurants for delivery
- Bone Daddies (Old St and Bermondsey) - back delivering ramen with Bone at Home
- Cafe Murano (Bermondsey) - Angela Hartnett's Italian kitchen is delivering
- Manteca (Shoreditch) joined Smokestak in preparing a special Saturday feast
- Twisted (King's Cross) opened a completely new site in Tileyard.
- Sorella (Clapham) - selling both kits to make their signature dishes and grocery items too.
- Roka (Fitzrovia) - Returned with a streamlined menu featuring Roka classics.
- Ekte Nordic Kitchen (City) - serving smorrebrod, daily baked sourdough bread, frikadeller (meatballs) and more.
27 April - 3 May
- Tonkotsu (Haggerston) - ramen and gyoza deliveries started again
- Smokestak (Shoreditch) - they returned with a special Saturday feast.
- KFC (Various) - back delivering fried chicken to London
- Nando's (various locations) - because everyone needs Nando's
- Gloria and Circolo Popolare (Shoreditch and Fitzrovia) - Big Mamma does delivery
- Shake Shack (Mayfair, Canary Wharf) started serving burgers again, following later with more delivery-only kitchens.
- Goodburger (Various) was a completely new burger delivery restaurant from the people behind Coqfighter.
- Jose (Bermondsey) - Jose Pizarro returned with a new tapas delivery service
- Brunswick House (Vauxhall) - Jackson Boxer's restaurant started delivery with some very tempting sandwiches
- The Quilon and Bombay Brasserie (St James and South Kensington) - The Michelin starred restaurant and its sibling are now delivering
- Kolamba (Soho) - back delivering Sri Lankan food.
- MEATliquor has started selling burgers again in East Dulwich (more branches have since followed)
- Rye by the Water and Darby's (Brentford and Vauxhall) - both returned offering delivery and collection options
- Patron (Kentish Town and Highbury) - the French bistro sets up a delivery service
- Wild Tavern (Chelsea) - selling steak and pasta to go.
- Ceres (Stoke Newington) - Southern European food, delivered.
- E5 Bakehouse in London Fields reopened, with a new online shop
- Burger & Lobster (Mayfair) - back doing what they do best
- Lina Stores launched their new online service (including pasta meal kits)
- Klose & Soan moved from Winemakers Deptford to a new delivery service
- Old Chang Kee went online delivering curry puffs across London
- Homeslice returned (Marylebone) - The pizzeria launched here first, with more branches to follow
- Orasay (Notting Hill) - Jackson Boxer's restaurant recreates the Orasay experience to-go
- Dusty Knuckle (Dalston) reopened with new bread delivery service.
- Farang (Highbury) relaunched as Farang larder, with a mix of food to re-heat and more.
- Arabica (Various) went online with Mezze to Your Door
- Fat Boy BBQ (Peckham) was actually Coal Rooms in a new guise
- The Laughing Heart started a new delivery service with a weekly changing feast on the menu
- Cote went online, delivering steak across the UK
- Monty's Deli started a national salt beef bagel delivery service
30 March-5 April
- The Oystermen (Covent Garden) relaunched as a shop and fishmonger.
- The Clarence (Stoke Newington) - opened just a week before lockdown, the pub by the people behind the Anchor and Hope started delivering
- The Quality Chop House (Clerkenwell) - the shop opened up again, serving London with essential confit potatoes
- Parlour (Kensal Rise) - relaunched as a market place - but you can also order their infamous Cow Pies.
- Hide (Mayfair) launched the Hide at Home service, recreating their experience at home
- Lucky and Joy (Hackney) - the Chinese and Chinatown inspired restaurant returned
- Officina 00 (Old Street) - delivering pasta (and launching online masterclasses)
- Benares (Mayfair) - the high-end Indian restaurant started delivering
- Pidgin (Hackney) restarted as Homing Pidgin, sending out a weekly-changing 3-course meal
- Four Legs (Islington) in the Compton Arms started delivering their outstanding burgers).
- Mao Chow (Hackney) went delivery-only, dispatching dumplings, noodles and more
- Prairie Fire BBQ (White City) went delivery-only with their BBQ service.
- Snackbar (Dalston) launched a delivery service, with SnackMuffin’s, Snackbar Rice Bowls and more available.
- Top Cuvee (Highbury) became Shop Cuvee, with three-course meals, cocktails and more on the menu.
More food and drink delivered...
And for even more delivery ideas (including shops, coffee, booze, bakeries and more), check out our Staying in section.
Food delivery in London, by area...
Central: Central London restaurant deliveries
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners