After a brief reopening late last year, Soho's Sun and 13 Cantons is back and continuing its series of very interesting pop-ups (they hosted Darjeeling Express before Asma Khan opened their first restaurant) and it's a continuation of the last - Tendril.
It comes from Rishim Sachdeva, previously at Chiltern Firehouse, Almeida and The Dairy and who is now going it alone with Tendril, serving up a plant-based "mostly vegan" menu, based on British cuisine with a vegetarian/vegan twist.
The Tendril team had been busy popping up across town since starting in Autumn 2019, first in Putney and The Hive in Bethnal Green. The Sun is their biggest space yet, so as well as promising a lot of work on preserves and homemade vinegars, they extended the menu with dishes to include:
- Grilled squash, red pepper paste, crackers & summer slaw
- Purple corn tostada, broad bean “guac”, piquillo pepper & artichokes
- Baked brie, burnt honey, preserved lemon, truffle mascarpone & cranberry bread
- Chipotle grilled oyster mushroom, smoked leek & peanut sauce
- Ratatouille, basil puree, ras el hanout & herb crumb`
They'll be in place for six months and that menu will adapt throughout the residency.
More about Tendril
Where is it? 21 Great Pulteney St, Soho, London W1F 9NG
When does it start? 19 May 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners