Now properly back in business, Soho's Sun and 13 Cantons is continuing its series of very interesting pop-ups (they hosted Darjeeling Express before Asma Khan opened their first restaurant) with its next - Tendril. This was actually due to start in late March but, well we all know what happened then. So now things are ready to properly kick off again.
It comes from Rishim Sachdeva, previously at Chiltern Firehouse, Almeida and The Dairy and who is now going it alone with Tendril, serving up a plant-based menu, based on British cuisine with a vegetarian/vegan twist.
The Tendril team have been busy popping up across town since starting in Autumn 2019, first in Putney and The Hive in Bethnal Green. The Sun will be their biggest space yet, so as well as promising a lot of work on preserves and homemade vinegars, they've extended the menu with dishes to include:
- Heritage tomatoes, swiss chard salsa, clove tomato oil, confit tomatoes, marjoram, bilberry
- Baked brie, mascarpone, truffle, parmesan, raisin bread, lemon, honey
- Roast cauliflower. puree, cacao nibs, pistachio, leek xo, leek puree
- Gnudi, kale, sunflower seed, burnt chilli, paprika, puff pastry
- Roast fennel, broth, burnt onion, braised beans, chives. chive oil.
They'll be in place for three months and that menu will adapt throughout the residency.
More about Tendril
Where is it? 21 Great Pulteney St, Soho, London W1F 9NG
When does it start? 4 September 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners