What: Satay Street Cafe
In a nutshell: Thai satay and more in The City
Summing it all up: After years as a street food stall, Satay Street has found a space of their own, opening the Satay Street Cafe. They'll have all their best satay alongside an extended menu based on Bangkok Street Markets.
For 11 years, Satay Street have been serving up Thai street food to Londoners. Over the years, they've been at Brick Lane, Shoreditch High Street Market, Petticoat Lane Market, Fenchurch Street Station and Old Street. But they've now got a place to themselves in The City, the Satay Steet Cafe.
The menu centres around their signature satay, which includes 14 ingredients: turmeric, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, cumin, chilli, tamarind, shallots, coconut milk and palm sugar. There is also an extended menu, with dishes inspired by the street food markets of Bangkok.
The menu features:
- Make your own mains with a choice of satay (e.g roasted duck, paneer and roasted veg or prawns), side (e.g. rice or roti), and sauce (e.g. hoisin, sambal, Panang or peanut)
- Noodle soups, including Chicken, Pak Choi, Beansprout, Spring Onions, Vermicelli, Fried Garlic
- Summer rolls including Braised Tofu & Mushroom or prawn
- And gyoza including Tom Yum Prawn and kimchi
- Buns including "Turmeric Chicken & Green Curry" and "Braised Tofu & Mushroom"
The cafe itself seats 20, all based around an open prep space where you can watch the chefs at work.
More about Satay Street Cafe
Where is it? 15 Goulston Street, London E1 7TP
When does it open? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners