In a nutshell: Mexican in Hatch End
Summing it all up: The people behind Hotbox have changed their Hatch End Chuck Burgers site into a Mexican taqueria called Chingon, with tacos, tostadas and more on the menu. We may see this appear in central London too.
They have Hotbox in central London but outside of the centre of town, the same group are changing one of their closed Chuck Burgers sites into a Mexican restaurant called Chingon.
The opening has been relatively quiet, but essentially you can expect tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and more. Here's a taster as to what's on the menu:
- Roasted bone marrow topped with onion and coriander, served with tortillas
- Tuna tartar tostadas - sushi-grade tuna, chipotle mayo, sliced avocado and dried shallots
- Carne asada tacos - grilled picanha steak, white onion, salsa rojo
- Baja tacos - massa fried sea bass, pickled white cabbage, jalapeno, habanera cream
- Aubergine guisado tacos - slow roasted aubergine, grilled halloumi, red onion, crispy shallots, arbol salsa
- Plus mains that include chargrilled steak, enchiladas verdes and lamb barbecoa
On top of that, there will be cocktails (of course) as well as a tequila bar and their mezcalaria. That's all the info we have at the moment - we'll add more as we get it.
Does this mean that the other Chuck Burgers (currently closed in Spitalfields) is to become a Chingon too? We'll have to see.
More about Chingon
Where is it? 322 Uxbridge Rd, Hatch End, Pinner HA5 4HR
When does it open? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners