Mortimer House has been getting some interesting chefs in for residencies and that looks set to continue as ex-Masterchef Professional Luciana Berry (she reached the semi-final in 2014) takes over in February.
Berry was brought up in Salvador before moving to London to set up a catering business that specialised in Brazilian food. Taking over the fifth floor for a month, she'll be serving a six-course tasting menu that's a contemporary take on Brazilian cuisine using traditional ingredients. ..
On the menu is:
- Caipriinha de Cajú - Cashew Fruit Caipirinha
- Pāo de queijo levemente trufado - Cassava, Cheese and Truffle Dough
- Bacalhau na tapioca suflada - Salt cod with tapioca
- Polvo à vinagrete - Octopus Sala from the beaches in Bahia
- Escondidinho - Cured Beef with cassava mousseline
- Moqueca com abará e vatapá - Brazilian Fish Stew served with steamed black-eye bean parcels, smoked prawns and bread porridge, with a sharing plate of grilled Okra, Cassava, Bean Puree and Cumari Chilli Salsa
- Mousse de Coco com Manga Palmer - Coconut Mousse with Brazilian Palmer Mango
That menu does sound quite intriguing. On top of the above, because the residency coincides with the Rio Carnaval, they'll have a weekend of celebrations (including live samba music) from 21-22 Feb.
More about Luciana Berry at Mortimer House
Where is it? 37-41 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3JH
When does it run? 13 February - 7 March 2020
How to book: Book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners